- Action Teams
Soon after the Redlands City Council’s adoption of a comprehensive community sustainability plan in March 2011, a small group of citizens began meeting, first to celebrate that the city of Redlands had a sustainability plan, and then to ponder how it was going to make much of a difference without a budget. Over the spring and summer, more residents joined in these meetings and by the fall, the group had decided that a citizen-led sustainability initiative in Redlands was needed. The Redlands Sustainability Network was formed and immediately set out to organize an inaugural event the following spring to bring the citizens of Redlands together to figure out how to create a more sustainable community. On March 17, 2012, more than 200 citizens braved one of the greatest downpours and windstorms in Redlands’ history to attend the first Redlands Sustainability Network’s Forum. By the end of the afternoon of speeches, visioning sessions, debates and brainstorming, more than 50 citizens had organized themselves into Action Teams to create a more sustainable community.
NOV 12 - Tree Care During Drought.
See Events page for more information.
- Reminder: Green Investing Forum Today! 1 – 2:30 pm February 25, 2017
- Feb 25th Investing Forum Flyer February 4, 2017
- Redlands Conservancy Announces 4th Annual Emerald Necklace Tour January 27, 2017
- Green Investing Forum: Sat, Feb 25th – Put on Your Calendars January 18, 2017
- Don’t Overprune & Water Deeply: Forum Highlights and Handouts November 22, 2016